Epsom Downs Racecourse once again welcomes one of the most anticipated racing festivals of the year. The Investec Derby Festival opens its gates to 100,000 avid racing fans and socialites across two great days of racing and entertainment.
But if you’re wondering ‘when is Derby Day?’ or ‘what time does the Derby start?’, we’ve got all the answers, and everything else you need to know about the Derby 2018.
When is the Derby?
The Investec Derby Festival will begin on June 1st, 2018 at Epsom Downs Racecourse, with the first event being the popular Ladies’ Day, where highly fashionable ladies will compete for the Style Award. June 2nd is Derby Day, featuring seven races, including the infamous Greatest Flat Race in the World.
What time is the Derby?
The Derby Day races will begin at 2pm on Saturday 2nd June, with the highly anticipated Investec Derby race taking place at 4.30pm. The final race will take place at 5:50pm. The racing on Ladies’ Day at Epsom Downs also starts at 2pm and the final race is at 5:50pm. On both these days, gates open for entry at 11am.
Can I still buy tickets?
Yes, you can. Tickets are still available to buy, but they are running out fast!
Group deals and packages are also available to purchase. Derby Day and Ladies’ Day at Epsom Downs is one of the most popular days in the racing calendar, so you will not want to miss out!
• 50 miles of grass is mown throughout the week leading up to the festival
• Lester Piggott holds the record for the most Derby Day wins (9)
• The 2016 Derby Day trophy was presented by HRH The Queen herself
• Derby Day was held at Newmarket instead of Epsom Downs during the Second World War
• The Derby has been held every year without a break since 1780